Scholarships support promising and deserving students by assisting them with the costs of their education. Donors often establish a scholarship to honor or memorialize friends, teachers, family members or other loved ones.
Benefits of Creating a Scholarship/Tuition Assistance Fund
- Donor may set criteria for awarding the scholarship
- Donor may choose to provide a scholarship for students in elementary school, middle school, high school, special needs school or even college
- The Catholic Community Foundation manages the fund and distributes the award directly to the school on behalf of the recipient(s)
- Once established, anyone can contribute to a scholarship fund
- Open with cash, marketable securities or other assets
- Ability to fund at death with an estate gift or designation in a will
- Invested in accordance with the United States Catholic Bishops guidelines for Socially Responsible Investments
If you are interested in learning more about or starting your own scholarship fund, please visit Open A Fund.
*The Catholic Community Foundation of Southwest Florida does not provide legal, tax or financial advice. When considering gifting options, seek the advice of your own legal, tax and/or financial professionals.