Traditional Scholarship Purpose
The Catholic Community Foundation of Southwest Florida is proudly offering the “Mary Fran Carroll Scholarship”, an academic scholarship made possible through the Catholic Legacy of Mary Fran Carroll. Through Ms. Carroll’s generous gift to the Foundation, academic scholarships of $3,000 each will be available to residents of Sarasota County, Florida. These educational opportunities will be open to graduating seniors and recent high school graduates (within the last two years) from Catholic, private or public high schools in Sarasota County, Florida who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree in any accredited college or university. Mary Fran Carroll was a woman of deep Catholic faith, who wanted those receiving her scholarship to benefit from her legacy by being better prepared to face the challenges of the world today and the ages to come, in addition to using their education for the betterment of the entire community.
$3,000 scholarships will be awarded for the 2020-21 academic year for tuition, books and fees (housing and living expenses are not eligible). Scholarships may be renewed annually for up to a total of five undergraduate years for students maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 (unweighted) scale. *Members or relatives of the Catholic Community Foundation staff, Board of Directors, or Scholarship Committee are ineligible to apply.
Traditional Student Eligibility:
- Must be residents of Sarasota County, Florida and current high school seniors or recent graduates (within the last two years) from Catholic, private or public high schools in Sarasota County, Florida;
- Completion of application and financial needs assessment (link to application);
- Attend a course of study leading to a particular career, which must be described in a clearly articulated career plan included in the application;
- Acceptance into an accredited college or university;
- Completion of an ethics course during college/university career (suggested, not required);
- Academic performance;
- Optional letter of recommendation from student’s pastor or spiritual leader (to be uploaded during the application process);
- Community service.
- Use the “Application” link to the right to access the application or click here.
- Complete the Application and Financial Needs Assessment.
- Upload required documents to the application including your completed High School Transcripts, College Transcripts (if applicable), Proof of Acceptance into an accredited college or university, Optional Letter of Recommendation from Pastor or Spiritual Leader.
- Submit and Certify Application when fully completed. Once submitted, no changes can be made.
2020 Application Process Will Open 1/3/2020
Application Process Closes 3/1/2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Those interested in learning how to set up an annual scholarship in their name, or the name of a loved one, please visit Open a Fund.